Ultra High Strength Compound
ULTRA High Strength Compound (20ltr bag)
Need to discusss your enquiry further? Please contact our customer services team on 0330 123 1761, who will be happy to help.
ULTRA High Strength Compound (20ltr bag) is a dry white powder consisting of inorganic compounds and perlite. When mixed with water, the compounds form a highly thermally insulating fire sealing compound to prevent the spread of fire and smoke through openings in fire rated walls and floors, including openings formed around building service penetrations.
ULTRA High Strength Compound will also maintain the acoustic design performance in walls and floors.
ULTRA High Strength Compound expands approx. 1% by hydraulic action during curing ensuring a very tight seal around the service penetrations and the surrounding opening apertures. ULTRA High Strength Compound is easy to sand or drill. The compound dries to an off-white colour which may be painted.
- Classified in walls and floors of concrete, brick, gypsum etc
- Suitable for cables, bundled cables, cable racks, cable trays, steel, copper, alupex and plastic pipes and air ventilation ducts
- Simple to apply leaving a very smooth finish
- High degree of mechanical resistance; the seal is load bearing without reinforcement
- No priming necessary prior to application in most building material substrates however metal services in contact with the seal must be corrosion protected
- Suitable for most surfaces, included concrete, bricks, Leca, steel, plastic etc, but not suitable to fitting of doors or in service openings that involve movement
- The product is certified for use in gypsum walls but it is recommended to use fire boards for these applications
- Fully set within 1 hour
- The fire performance specification of the compound has been derived when the seal has been left to cure for 1 month
- Nearly unlimited storage time in cool/dry conditions
Orders and Delivery
Please be aware our office will be closed from 5pm Friday 21st Dec, re-opening Wednesday 2nd Jan.
Last available delivery date is Friday 21st Dec. Deliveres will commence on Friday 4th.
Free deliveries on orders over £250.00 Inc VAT. For orders under £250.00 Inc VAT, a £24.00 Inc VAT delivery fee applies.
When ordering on line you can specify the date of delivery, however we would not be able to specify the time of delivery on that day.
♦ Please note that we have a number of large vehicles, including articulated vehicles that may be used for delivery. Please advise us in the comments on your order if access to the delivery address is limited.
♦ Due to insurance guidelines, delivery personnel are unable to enter private residences. Delivery will be as far as possible to the kerbside of the delivery address. The recipient of the products is responsible for any additional lifting once the delivery has been made. Please bear in mind that Insulation products can be bulky and / or heavy.
♦ The delivery driver will require a signature to confirm the goods have been received.
† Unfortunately we, Insulation Express, cannot deliver to the Highlands & Islands of the UK. However we will be happy to deliver to a freight forwarding company on your behalf.
Returns and Refunds
In the unlikely event that you need to return an item, please contact our team on 0330 123 1885 within 14 days of accepting delivery of the item. Restocking charges may apply. We will discuss this with you upon receipt of the cancellation request. Restocking charges will be applied where the products are no longer required AND NOT for goods returned because either defective or damaged. We usually charge 25% of value (minimum £25.00).
Please note that we cannot accept returns on special orders. Special orders may consist of items sent via third party shipping companies or made to measure products. If you are unsure on whether or not your item is a special order, please contact us on 0330 123 1885 prior to placing the order.