Rockwool Acoustic Intumescent Sealant 310ml
As part of the ROCKWOOL FIREPRO® system, it efficiently reinstates the fire performance of compartment walls, floors where apertures for formed to allow the passage of services. In addition to providing an effective fire and smoke sealant solution, the ROCKWOOL Acoustic Intumescent Sealant provides excellent acoustic performance by sealing linear gaps.
We are happy to help with enquiries, stock availability or any technical help you require, however for security reasons we cannot take orders over the phone. So if you need to chat give us a call on 03301231761 or email us at [email protected].
What is Rockwool Firepro Acoustic Intumescent Sealant?
The ROCKWOOL FIREPRO® Acoustic Intumescent Sealant is a fire-stopping resource for thin linear joints and sealing penetrations where they pass through fire-rated divisions. It can be used on both wall and floor constructions and is suitable for joints up to 50mm wide.
Guidelines advise that the spread of fire inside a building can be minimised when provisions are made for elements of the structure to have a specified period of fire resistance.
Not only does the Rockwool intumescent mastic have effective fire protection properties, but it’s also effective at reducing the passage of noise. Tests have shown that the sealant can reduce noise by up to 57dB, depending on its application.
Features & Benefits of Rockwool Acoustic Intumescent Sealant:
- Offers essential fire protection, providing up to 4 hours fire protection in joints up to 50mm in width
- Tested to both BS EN 1366-3 and BS EN 1366-4
- An effective smoke seal, stopping the passage of smoke in its tracks
- Easy to apply and suitable for multiple substrates and services
- Fast curing: the sealant offers approximately 15-minute tack-free time and when fully cured, the sealant can be overpainted
- Can accommodate movement of -/-12% of joint width
Applications for Rockwool Firepro Acoustic Intumescent Sealant:
Firewool Acoustic Intumescent Sealant has been comprehensively tested and is suitable for use on a variety of applications, including:
- Sealing service penetrations
- Linear joint seals
- Installation of Ablative Coated Batt
For the best results, thoroughly clean the application surface to ensure no bond-breaking contaminants remain. Priming is not required before application, although we recommend testing the product first to check its adhesion.
Do not let the sealant come into contact with cPVC type piping and avoid applying in temperatures below 5°C.
|Supplier Part Number||212902|
Orders and Delivery
Free delivery if your order is over £300 ex VAT. Orders between £100 - £300 ex VAT will be subject to a delivery charge of £50 ex VAT. Please note, we are unable to accept orders less than £100 ex VAT
When ordering on line you can specify the date of delivery, however we would not be able to specify the time of delivery on that day.
• Please note that we have a number of large vehicles, including articulated vehicles that may be used for delivery. Please advise us in the comments on your order if access to the delivery address is limited.
• Due to insurance guidelines, delivery personnel are unable to enter private residences. Delivery will be as far as possible to the kerbside of the delivery address. The recipient of the products is responsible for any additional lifting once the delivery has been made. Please bear in mind that Insulation products can be bulky and / or heavy.
• The delivery driver will require a signature to confirm the goods have been received.
† Unfortunately we, Insulation Express, cannot deliver to the Highlands & Islands of the UK. However we will be happy to deliver to a freight forwarding company on your behalf.
Returns and Refunds
In the unlikely event that you need to return an item, please contact our team on [email protected] within 14 days of accepting delivery of the item.
Restocking charges may apply. We will discuss this with you upon receipt of the cancellation request. Restocking charges will be applied where the products are no longer required AND NOT for goods returned because either defective or damaged.
We usually charge 30% of value (minimum £25.00).
Please note that we cannot accept returns on special orders. Special orders may consist of items sent via third party shipping companies or made to measure products. If you are unsure on whether or not your item is a special order, please contact us on [email protected] prior to placing the order.