Maxi 60 Ceiling Resilient Bar 3000mm
The Maxi 60 Ceiling Resilient Bar 3000mm is a high-quality construction product designed to reduce noise transmission and improve acoustic performance in ceilings. With a length of 3000mm (or 3 metres), these resilient bars are ideal for use in various commercial and residential buildings. They are engineered to effectively decouple ceilings from the structure, preventing sound vibrations from passing through and minimising sound transfer between rooms. The Maxi 60 Ceiling Resilient Bar is a versatile and reliable option for creating quieter and more comfortable living or working spaces, making it a popular choice for soundproofing projects.
We are happy to help with enquiries, stock availability or any technical help you require, however for security reasons we cannot take orders over the phone. So if you need to chat give us a call on 03301231761 or email us at [email protected].
What is the Maxi 60 Ceiling Resilient Bar 3000mm?
The Maxi 60 Ceiling Resilient Bar 3000mm is a galvanised steel channel, measuring 30mm in depth and 3000mm in length, primarily used for attaching plasterboard or various boarding materials to timber joists within ceilings. These resilient bars serve a crucial role in enhancing acoustic insulation by isolating the plasterboard from the joists, thus minimising the transfer of sound vibrations. Maxi 60 Ceiling Resilient Bars possess fire-rated capabilities too, making them ideal for use across all types of buildings.
Benefits of Maxi 60 Ceiling Resilient Bars 3000mm:
There are countless advantages to using these resilient bars as part of your next renovation or construction task. Some of these benefits include:
- Enhanced Sound Insulation: By decoupling the plasterboard from the joists, Maxi 60 Ceiling Resilient Bars effectively reduce the transmission of sound vibrations, leading to a substantial improvement in both impact and airborne sound insulation within the ceiling.
- Part E Compliance: These bars meet the stringent requirements of Part E in the Building Regulations, ensuring that ceilings constructed with them adhere to the highest standards of sound insulation. This is particularly important for both new construction and renovations.
- 1-Hour Fire Rating: Maxi 60 Ceiling Resilient Bars possess a remarkable 1-hour fire rating, enabling the creation of fire-safe ceilings that comply with essential fire safety regulations in buildings.
- Simplified Installation: Designed for ease of use, these bars can be directly affixed to timber joists using screws or nails, streamlining the installation process and saving valuable time.
- Space-Efficient Design: Maxi 60 Ceiling Resilient Bars are exceptionally slim, which makes them ideal for applications with limited space, offering flexibility in design and construction.
- Exceptional Durability: Crafted from galvanised steel, these bars are incredibly durable and robust. They are resistant to both corrosion and moisture, ensuring longevity and reliability in various environmental conditions.
- Versatile Application: Maxi 60 Ceiling Resilient Bars are versatile, and suitable for a wide array of projects, including refurbishments, conversions and new builds, making them an adaptable choice for diverse construction scenarios.
Applications for Maxi 60 Ceiling Resilient Bars 3000mm:
Maxi 60 Ceiling Resilient Bars find diverse applications in various building types:
- Residential Use: Maxi 60 Ceiling Resilient Bars enhance acoustic insulation and fire safety in residential structures, including houses, apartments, and flats. This is particularly useful in homes with active children or pets or where noise containment between rooms is a priority.
- Commercial Settings: In commercial buildings such as offices, shops, and restaurants, Maxi 60 Ceiling Resilient Bars contribute to creating a more comfortable and productive workspace. Plus, they mitigate noise disturbances for neighbouring businesses and residents, enhancing overall working conditions.
- Industrial Environments: Maxi 60 Ceiling Resilient Bars are used in industrial facilities like factories and warehouses to reduce noise levels and enhance the overall work environment for employees, promoting both safety and comfort.
- Recording Studios: Elevating acoustic performance within recording studios to ensure high-quality audio production.
- Home Cinemas: Enhancing sound quality and minimising sound transmission in home cinema rooms.
- Meeting Rooms: Reducing noise levels and fostering a private atmosphere.
- Music Practice Rooms: Lowering noise levels and improving acoustic properties in music practice rooms, benefiting both musicians and others in the vicinity.
How to install Maxi 60 Ceiling Resilient Bars 3000mm
Installation typically involves spacing the bars at 300mm intervals across the ceiling joists, followed by securing the relevant plasterboard to them using screws. Follow this step by step information as a general guide:
- Prepare the Ceiling Joists: Ensure that the ceiling joists are level and in optimal condition. Address any damaged joists by repairing or replacing them if necessary.
- Mark Resilient Bar Positions: On the ceiling joists, mark the positions where the resilient bars will be placed. Maintain a consistent spacing of 300mm between the bars across the joists.
- Secure Resilient Bars: Utilise 70mm x 5mm self-drilling screws to firmly attach the resilient bars to the ceiling joists. Make sure the bars are both level and securely fastened in place.
- Install Plasterboard: Fix the plasterboard to the resilient bars using 30mm x 3.9mm screws. Ensure that the plasterboard is tightly and securely screwed onto the resilient bars.
- Complete Ceiling Finish: After the plasterboard installation, complete the ceiling by addressing any gaps and proceeding with your preferred painting or decorative finish.
Follow these steps to achieve a well-prepared, sound-insulated and visually appealing ceiling installation.
|Supplier Part Number||10050575|
|Size||3000mm x 120mm x 30mm|
Orders and Delivery
Free delivery if your order is over £300 ex VAT. Orders between £100 - £300 ex VAT will be subject to a delivery charge of £50 ex VAT. Please note, we are unable to accept orders less than £100 ex VAT
When ordering on line you can specify the date of delivery, however we would not be able to specify the time of delivery on that day.
• Please note that we have a number of large vehicles, including articulated vehicles that may be used for delivery. Please advise us in the comments on your order if access to the delivery address is limited.
• Due to insurance guidelines, delivery personnel are unable to enter private residences. Delivery will be as far as possible to the kerbside of the delivery address. The recipient of the products is responsible for any additional lifting once the delivery has been made. Please bear in mind that Insulation products can be bulky and / or heavy.
• The delivery driver will require a signature to confirm the goods have been received.
† Unfortunately we, Insulation Express, cannot deliver to the Highlands & Islands of the UK. However we will be happy to deliver to a freight forwarding company on your behalf.
Returns and Refunds
In the unlikely event that you need to return an item, please contact our team on [email protected] within 14 days of accepting delivery of the item.
Restocking charges may apply. We will discuss this with you upon receipt of the cancellation request. Restocking charges will be applied where the products are no longer required AND NOT for goods returned because either defective or damaged.
We usually charge 30% of value (minimum £25.00).
Please note that we cannot accept returns on special orders. Special orders may consist of items sent via third party shipping companies or made to measure products. If you are unsure on whether or not your item is a special order, please contact us on [email protected] prior to placing the order.