Mayplas MP552 60 Min Masonry Cavity Stop Sock
The Masonry Party Wall Cavity Stop Sock 552 is designed to prevent passage of fire through concealed voids within the external fabric of a masonry wall construction, but more specifically where the junction is formed between the external cavity and the party wall cavity.
The barrier is held in place under compression between the inner block work and outer masonry leaf.
Choose across a range of sizes from the dropdown list below, from 65mm x 65mm to 155mm to 150mm.
We are happy to help with enquiries, stock availability or any technical help you require, however for security reasons we cannot take orders over the phone. So if you need to chat give us a call on 03301231761 or email us at [email protected].
What is a Mayplas MP552 60 Min Masonry Cavity Stop Sock?
The Mayplas MP552 60 Minute Masonry Cavity Stop Sock functions as a fire-resistant barricade, aiming to prevent the spread of fire through concealed voids within masonry walls. Crafted from high-density rockwool insulation and enclosed in a robust polythene sleeve, this sock is meticulously designed to smoothly integrate into the cavity, remaining securely in position courtesy of mortar joints.
With a fire resistance rating of 60 minutes, the Mayplas MP552 60 Minute Masonry Cavity Stop Sock demonstrates its capability to withstand fire for an hour, effectively impeding the fire’s spread to the opposing side of the wall. This characteristic renders it a pivotal part of fire safety for structures mandated to adhere to specific fire safety benchmarks.
Additionally, the Mayplas MP552 60 Minute Masonry Cavity Stop Sock stands as an excellent selection for residences situated in wildfire-prone regions. Its presence aids in safeguarding your dwelling against fire-related harm, thereby ensuring the safety of your family.
If you require a fire-resistant solution to halt the spread of fire within concealed voids in masonry walls, the Mayplas MP552 60 Min Masonry Cavity Stop Sock presents itself as a commendable choice. This product provides a secure and efficient method to shield your residence and loved ones from the perils of fire-related harm.
Purchase the Mayplas MP552 60 Min Masonry Cavity Stop Sock through Insulation Express and enjoy swift doorstep delivery.
Features and benefits of the Mayplas MP552 60 Min Masonry Cavity Stop Sock:
- Suitable for both vertical and horizontal positioning to the edge of cavities, around openings, at separating compartment lines and to sub-divide cavities
- Designed for installation within masonry cavities
- Accommodates a maximum void of 175mm
- Easy installation process
- Installed under compression
- For voids up to 150mm a minimum compression of 15mm is required, thereafter 20mm compression is required up to the maximum void of 175mm
- Tested and assessed to the basic principles of BS 476-20: 1987
- Suitable for both vertical and horizontal orientation
- Solutions available offering either 60 minutes or 120 minutes fire resistance performance
Applications for the Mayplas MP552 60 Min Masonry Cavity Stop Sock:
- Fire-rated walls: The primary application for the Mayplas MP552 60 Min Masonry Cavity Stop Sock is within fire-rated walls. Its purpose is to stop the spread of fire through concealed voids in walls, adhering to specific fire safety standards
- Party walls: Party walls separate adjacent properties. Often mandated to possess fire resistance ratings, they ensure the prevention of fire extension from one property to the next
- Masonry chimneys: Ensuring the containment of fire within chimneys, masonry chimneys necessitate fire resistance ratings to stop fire transmission from the chimney to the entirety of the structure
- Masonry fire escapes: Facilitating safe evacuation during fire incidents, masonry fire escapes demand fire resistance ratings to curtail fire expansion from the escape route to the rest of the building
- Masonry voids: Unfilled masonry voids pose potential fire hazards. By employing the Mayplas MP552 60 Min Masonry Cavity Stop Sock, these voids can be addressed to stall fire spread and enhance safety
|SKU||MP552 60 Min Masonry Cavity Stop Sock|
|Supplier Part Number||MP552|
Orders and Delivery
Free delivery if your order is over £300 ex VAT. Orders between £100 - £300 ex VAT will be subject to a delivery charge of £50 ex VAT. Please note, we are unable to accept orders less than £100 ex VAT
When ordering on line you can specify the date of delivery, however we would not be able to specify the time of delivery on that day.
• Please note that we have a number of large vehicles, including articulated vehicles that may be used for delivery. Please advise us in the comments on your order if access to the delivery address is limited.
• Due to insurance guidelines, delivery personnel are unable to enter private residences. Delivery will be as far as possible to the kerbside of the delivery address. The recipient of the products is responsible for any additional lifting once the delivery has been made. Please bear in mind that Insulation products can be bulky and / or heavy.
• The delivery driver will require a signature to confirm the goods have been received.
† Unfortunately we, Insulation Express, cannot deliver to the Highlands & Islands of the UK. However we will be happy to deliver to a freight forwarding company on your behalf.
Returns and Refunds
In the unlikely event that you need to return an item, please contact our team on [email protected] within 14 days of accepting delivery of the item.
Restocking charges may apply. We will discuss this with you upon receipt of the cancellation request. Restocking charges will be applied where the products are no longer required AND NOT for goods returned because either defective or damaged.
We usually charge 30% of value (minimum £25.00).
Please note that we cannot accept returns on special orders. Special orders may consist of items sent via third party shipping companies or made to measure products. If you are unsure on whether or not your item is a special order, please contact us on [email protected] prior to placing the order.