Grace Bituthene Primer S2
Coverage: 9-11 m2 per litre
Grace Bituthene Primer S2 is a rubber based primer in solvent, specially formulated to provide good initial adhesion of Bituthene cold applied, self-adhesive waterproofing membranes.
- Coverage: 9-11 m2 per litre
- Curing at 20°C - 30 minutes
- Compatible with Bituthene® 4000 and 8000
- All temperature application above -5°C
- Green and damp concrete tolerant
- Quick drying for fast membrane application
- Rubberised formulation for high adhesion
- Pink colour to ensure full coverage, aid identification and to avoid use of a non-recommended primer
- Used to prime “green” concrete or damp to touch substrates, as well as masonry or wood surfaces, on which BITUTHENE® 8000and 4000 membranes will be applied.
- Primer S2 can be used on vertical and horizontal applications at -5°C or above.
Bituthene® Primer S2 may be applied by a roller or brush. Apply it to clean, dirt free, frost-free surfaces at a coverage rate of 9-11 m2 per litre. Allow the primer to dry 30 minutes or until tack-free. Dry time may be longer in cold temperatures. Deep puddles of primers should be avoided as this will lengthen drying time. Do not apply directly to Bituthene® membrane.
In general, priming should be limited to an area that can be covered with membrane within 24 hours. Areas that accumulate significant amounts of dust or dirt must be re-primed before membrane is applied.
Bituthene® Primer S2 must be handled properly and stored in well ventilated place. Read the product label and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) before use. Users must comply with all risk and safety phrases. SDS’s can be obtained from GCP Applied Technologies or from our web site at gcpat.com.
This product is non-returnable due to shelf-life and quality control.