Grace Bituthene 4000
Size: 1.5mm x 1m x 20m Roll
BITUTHENE® 4000 is a flexible waterproof membrane combining a high performance cross laminated, HDPE carrier film with a unique super sticky self-adhesive rubber bitumen compound.
Size: 1.5mm x 1m x 20m Roll
Weight: 36 kg
Storage: Store upright in dry conditions below +30°C
- Cold applied - fast, safe and simple application to substrates especially at low temperatures and saves application time
- Suitable for application to “green” concrete - reduces programme schedules
- Moisture tolerant primer system - allows application in damp or marginal weather conditions
- Wide application temperature range - excellent bond to self and substrate from -5°C to +35°C
- Twin seal laps - adhesive and film sealing provides enhanced bond and additional security
- Cross laminated high density polyethylene carrier film - provides high tear strength, puncture and impact resistance
- Pre-marked overlaps - ensures quality of the overlaps and saves application time
- Gas resistance - contributes to methane, carbon dioxide and radon gas protection according to BS 8485 (see section 7.2.4), BRE Reports 211 (radon) and 212 (methane and carbon dioxide). Independent test reports available upon request.
At air temperatures below +5°C measures should be taken to ensure that all surfaces are free from ice or frost. All surfaces except those below ground bearing slabs and Preprufe® R membranes should be primed with one coat of GCP’s solvent based quick drying, damp and green concrete tolerant, rubberised primer Bituthene® Primer S2. Primer S2 can be applied by brush or roller. Primer S2 is pink in colour to ensure proper coverage, to aid identification and to avoid substitution of proper recommended primer.
Bituthene® 4000 membrane shall be laid by peeling back the protective release paper and applying the adhesive face onto the prepared surface, free from ice, frost, condensation or any contaminants which could adversely affect adhesion. Once the membrane is applied, cover with a protection board as soon as possible. On “green” concrete or damp surfaces, cover the membrane immediately. Bituthene® LM to be applied at all internal and external corners, penetrations etc. prior to applying the overall membrane.
Bituthene® 4000membrane should be brushed onto the surface to ensure good initial bond and exclude air. Adjacent rolls are aligned and overlapped 50 mm minimum at side and ends and well rolled with a firm pressure, using a lap roller to ensure complete adhesion and continuity between the layers. On high walls it may be necessary to batten fix the membrane to prevent slippage.
Damaged areas to be repaired with an oversize patch applied to a clean dry surface extending 100 mm beyond damage and firmly rolled.
Protect Bituthene® membranes immediately after application to avoid damage from other trades, construction materials or backfill, using only Protection 03 boards.
If the area around the substructure can be drained to a low level outlet then GCP recommends the Hydroduct® range of drainage membranes.