Size: 1.5m x 75m x 6mm roll (+/-5% tolerance on width and length)
Frost Blankets - The easy, inexpensive solution for winter concrete laying and curing.
Laying concrete at temperatures below 5°C generally requires special precautions, such as special concrete additives, heating devices, hot vapour equipment etc. An easy, highly effective and inexpensive alternative solution is the use of thermally insulated FROST BLANKETS.
The thermal insulation effect of the Frost Blanket significantly reduces the loss of natural concrete hydration heat and thereby keeps the concrete warm long enough for a safe curing.
- Colour may vary
- Manufactured from chemically cross linked polyethylene foam
- Available in roll size 1.5m x 75m x 6mm (+/-5% tolerance on width and length)
- Can be rolled directly onto the wet concrete
Wind conditions might necessitate the mats being held in place by suitable loading – at contractor’s discretion.
Important – Mats must not be walked on during installation and before hardening of the concrete.
- Concrete laying in Winter as well as Summer
- Excellent thermal performance
- Negligible water absorption
- Flexible at very low temperature
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Lightweight, easy to handle and cut
- Good mechanical resistance.
- Fast laying from the roll
- Frost blankets can also be used to protect your garden during the winter