Procedure during Covid-19
Please read our updated section on placing and receiving an order, this will hopefully answer any questions you may have. These measures are to help maintain our high level of service and to fulfil Social Distancing and Health and Safety measures set by the government at this time.
Due to Covid-19 you may experience an extended lead time with many product lines in high demand.
Placing an order
- Delivery lead time When placing an order you can choose your delivery date, typically 4-5 working days. If there are supply issues with/part of your order we will endeavour to advise a new delivery date asap dependent on manufactures availability.
- Placing an order All orders are required to be placed through the website. We cannot currently take any calls, therefore if you have a question not answered here please contact us on Email [email protected].
- Delivery charge Your order qualifies for free delivery if your order is over £300 Inc VAT. Orders between £240-£300 are subject to a £36.00 inc VAT delivery charge. Any orders under £240, we are unable to accept.
How does delivery work?
For the protection of drivers and customers, deliveries will be contact free.
- Somebody must be present to receive delivery. In most cases the driver will contact you by phone the day before and/or when on route, to confirm the delivery details. If contact cannot be made then the date may be put back. For this reason, it is pivotal the contact number provided is for the person receiving the order and is available to be contacted.
- Delivery vehicles are large (26 tonne, think double decker bus size) therefore there needs to be room in the road to access and offload safely.
- On arrival the driver will make contact via phone and drop the delivery at the agreed place. Delivery will be to kerbside only.
- Larger deliveries will usually be offloaded by a moffett forklift, however it is important you are on site to manually offload if needed. Please note if the items need to be manually taken off the lorry, due to social distancing the driver will not be able to assist.
- The driver will take recipients name as signature for the goods, please check delivery for any discrepancies as the driver must be informed before leaving.
Insulation Express will deliver free of charge if your order is over £300 Inc VAT to mainland UK†. Orders between £240-£300 are subject to a £36.00 inc VAT delivery charge. Any orders under £240, we are unable to accept.
When ordering on line you can specify the date of delivery, however we would not be able to specify the time of delivery on that day. Delivery on stocked items is available in 4-5 working days (1pm cut-off). Deliveries can be made any time between 8am-5pm.
- Please note that we have a number of large vehicles, including articulated vehicles that may be used for delivery. Please advise us in the comments on your order if access to the delivery address is limited.
- Due to insurance guidelines, delivery personnel are unable to enter private residences. Delivery will be as far as possible to the kerbside of the delivery address.
- Where offload facilities are not available, the driver may require assistance to offload from the vehicle. The recipient of the products is responsible for any additional lifting once the delivery has been made, please bear in mind that Insulation products can be bulky and / or heavy.
- The delivery driver will require a signature to confirm the goods have been received. We cannot request items to be left.
† Unfortunately we, Insulation Express, cannot deliver to the Highlands & Islands of the UK. However we will be happy to deliver to a freight forwarding company on your behalf.