Placing an order
- Delivery lead time When placing an order you can choose your delivery date, typically 4-5 working days. If there are supply issues with/part of your order we will endeavour to advise a new delivery date asap dependent on manufactures availability.
- Placing an order All orders are required to be placed through the website. If you have a question not answered here please contact us on Email [email protected].
- Delivery charge - Please note, we are unable to accept orders less than £100 ex VAT. Orders between £100 - £300 ex VAT will be subject to a minimum delivery charge of £50 ex VAT (subject to clauses 11.4 and 11.5 of our terms of sale). In most cases, orders over £300 ex VAT may qualify for free delivery subject to product availability, delivery type (i.e. by pallet) and delivery location, however you will be notified of any delivery or carriage charges during the check-out process in accordance with clause 11.3 of our terms of sale or, in some cases, following check-out but before delivery in accordance with clauses 11.4 and 11.5 of our terms of sale.
How does delivery work?
- Somebody must be present to receive delivery. In most cases the driver will contact you by phone the day before and/or when on route, to confirm the delivery details. If contact cannot be made then the date may be put back. For this reason, it is pivotal the contact number provided is for the person receiving the order and is available to be contacted.
- Delivery vehicles are large (26 tonne, think double decker bus size) therefore there needs to be room in the road to access and offload safely.
- On arrival the driver will make contact via phone and drop the delivery at the agreed place. Delivery will be to kerbside only.
- Larger deliveries will usually be offloaded by a moffett forklift, however it is important you are on site to manually offload if needed.
- The driver will take recipients name as signature for the goods, please check delivery for any discrepancies as the driver must be informed before leaving.