What Is A U-Value? In relation to insulating the home, a U-Value is the flow and loss of heat through the materials that make up the building itself, including bricks, flooring, roofing and windows. The U-Value is measured in watts at the rate of heat transfer. The important point to note is that the lower the U-Value is, the...
Celotex PL4040 Thermal Insulation Board 40mm/12.5mm x 1200mm x 2400mm
Celotex PL4040 thermal insulation board 40mm is a high-quality polyisocyanurate (PIR) 2-in-1 insulation board with a paper facing, laminated to a piece of 12.5mm tapered edge plasterboard. Reducing heat loss while offering drylining, this product is available in thicknesses from 25mm to 65mm (insulation only), it can be considered for use in roof and internal wall lining applications.
We are happy to help with enquiries, stock availability or any technical help you require, however for security reasons we cannot take orders over the phone. So if you need to chat give us a call on 03301231761 or email us at [email protected].
What is Celotex PL4040 40mm?
Celotex PL4040 40mm insulation board has low-heat transfer properties combined with the structural integrity of 12.5mm plasterboard. The board is polyisocyanurate, meaning it is rigid and lightweight, so is easy to handle and install. This product has a tapered edge which means joints are seamless and invisible under the paint as well as providing the perfect surface for tiles.
It has a thermal conductivity of 0.022 W/mK and is suitable for dot and dab. It has been rated B-s1 on the Euroclass Fire Classification, meaning limited combustibility.
Features and benefits of Celotex PL4040 40mm:
- Excellent thermal performance with a thermal conductivity of 0.022 W/m.K, reducing the thickness of insulation required to hit the target U-value.
- Easy to install – Celotex boards are light and rigid assisting with ease of transportation, handling, and fitting.
- BBA certified – Celotex has been assessed by the BBA as fit for use in plasterboard thermal laminate applications if installed, used, and maintained as set out in the certificate.
- Time-saving – Celotex PL4050 brings together both insulation and plasterboard, creating a 2-in-1 solution to insulate and dry line walls or roofs at the same time.
- Celotex achieves a BRE Green Guide Rating of A+, which can assist in demonstrating environmental performance in your BREEAM assessments.
- Board/roll size: width 1200mm, length 2400mm
- Thickness: 25-65mm (+12.5mm plasterboard)
- Material: PIR plasterboard laminate
Applications for PL4040 40mm insulation boards:
- External Wall - Masonry Cavity Internal Linings
- External Wall - Timber Frame Internal Linings
- External Wall - Solid Masonry Internal Linings
- Pitched Roof - Below Timber Rafters
- Flat Roof - Below Timber Joists
Learn more and read our guide on the applications of Celotex insulation boards.
|Supplier Part Number||PL4040|
|Size||1200mm x 2400mm|
Orders and Delivery
Free delivery if your order is over £300 ex VAT. Orders between £100 - £300 ex VAT will be subject to a delivery charge of £50 ex VAT. Please note, we are unable to accept orders less than £100 ex VAT
When ordering on line you can specify the date of delivery, however we would not be able to specify the time of delivery on that day.
• Please note that we have a number of large vehicles, including articulated vehicles that may be used for delivery. Please advise us in the comments on your order if access to the delivery address is limited.
• Due to insurance guidelines, delivery personnel are unable to enter private residences. Delivery will be as far as possible to the kerbside of the delivery address. The recipient of the products is responsible for any additional lifting once the delivery has been made. Please bear in mind that Insulation products can be bulky and / or heavy.
• The delivery driver will require a signature to confirm the goods have been received.
† Unfortunately we, Insulation Express, cannot deliver to the Highlands & Islands of the UK. However we will be happy to deliver to a freight forwarding company on your behalf.
Returns and Refunds
In the unlikely event that you need to return an item, please contact our team on [email protected] within 14 days of accepting delivery of the item.
Restocking charges may apply. We will discuss this with you upon receipt of the cancellation request. Restocking charges will be applied where the products are no longer required AND NOT for goods returned because either defective or damaged.
We usually charge 30% of value (minimum £25.00).
Please note that we cannot accept returns on special orders. Special orders may consist of items sent via third party shipping companies or made to measure products. If you are unsure on whether or not your item is a special order, please contact us on [email protected] prior to placing the order.