Glidevale LA2 Hinge Down Loft Access Trap
The updated energy conservation and air leakage requirements of Building Regulations (Approved Documents L and C) mean that a loft trap needs to be a highperformance product. Site-constructed traps are no longer adequate.
Glidevale Loft Access Traps have been redesigned and re-engineered under BS EN ISO 9001 to meet these latest demands.
Features and Benefits
- Each Glidevale Loft Access Trap is a complete unit comprising frame and trap door, with integral closed-cell air/vapour seals and thermal insulation.
- The integral seals significantly reduce water vapour migration into the loft space, reducing condensation risk.
- The seals also virtually eliminate heat loss by air movement around the trap door and exceed the airtightness requirement of the Approved Documents, as demonstrated by test.
- The traps provide continuity of thermal insulation at ceiling level, substantially reducing heat loss by conduction through the trap.
- Options with rigid insulation meet the minimum U-value requirement of the Approved Documents.
- Suitable for standard 600mm joist centres.
Each Glidevale Loft Access Trap comprises
- a frame which is fixed into a trimmed opening and has a seal to the ceiling
- a trap door which is thermally insulated and has a flexible closed cell seal between door and frame.
LA2 hinge-down trap
The trap door is injection-moulded polypropylene with phenolic insulation or expanded polystyrene infill and a black PVC back, attached to the frame by two hinges.
Twin latches hold the door against the closed cell gaskets. Access pole supplied for opening.
LA2 trap and frame has a lightly textured scuff-resistant white finish, which blends unobtrusively with a classic brilliant white ceiling.
Hatch opening size (nominal) 680mm x 520mm
- Free delivery on orders over £200 or £20 charge applies
- Deliveries will usually be made within 2 working days
- We will require a signature on delivery
- We could deliver your order on large vehicles needing good access. Please advise us in the comments in your order
Technical InformationGlidevale_Loft_Access_Traps (638kb)
For further details on this product please contact us